Analyzing Bank Performance to Detect Risk and Opportunity
|OnDemand Webinar||$249||Add to Cart|
As banks evolve in this post-financial crisis era, new ways of analyzing performance and implementing risk management are needed in order to be successful. The new environment in which banks operate is and will be very different from the past, and new methods for management are now becoming necessary to understand and to adopt.
You will gain an understanding of why traditional bank performance measurements do not provide a quality foundation for detecting risk and opportunity. Specific examples of traditional methods will be examined and their pitfalls will be uncovered. You will also gain an understanding of what the key issues are for quality performance measurements and how these can significantly improve risk management in altogether new ways. You will come to learn what the new performance game changers are in the industry, and how these new concepts for performance measurement and risk detection can be implemented and utilized in very real ways.
This on-demand webinar will give examples of how banks have adopted this new performance and risk detection/opportunity concept and how it has changed the way in which these banks operate.
- You will be able to review the traditional approach to bank performance measurement as it exists in most banks today.
- You will be able to discuss new measurements that are needed in today's banking environment, and define the game changers.
- You will be able to identify specific performance measurement models that need to be adopted.
- You will be able to review examples of the measurements and provide details on how they are derived and what they mean.
AuthorsRich Weissman, DMA
High Level Review of the Traditional Approach to Bank Performance Measurement as It Exists in Most Banks Today
Correlate the Traditional Measurement Approach With the Poor Results They Created
• Show How Off-Mark Performance Measurements Can Lead Management to Engage in the Wrong Kinds of Activities Which Take Away From Providing Sustainable Earnings and Capital Growth
Overview of the New Measurements That Are Needed in Today's Banking Environment, and Define the Game Changers
Specific Performance Measurement Models That Need to Be Adopted and Show How They Improve Risk Management in New Ways and How, When Appropriately Applied, Allow for the Detection of New Opportunities for Growth
Examples of the Measurements and Provide Details on How They Are Derived and What They Mean
Best-Practice Examples of What Banks Have Specifically Done to Implement Game Changing Activities From These Measurements in Mitigating Risk and Improving Opportunities to Generate Sustainable Earnings and Capital Growth
Wrap-up, and Questions and Answers